Here we follow the journey of our new walk behind tractor from the Rapid factory in Killwangen, Switzerland to our farm in Waiuku. This tractor is important to us for a number of reasons. They will be revealed in due course.
- 16 Feb – Left the factory in Killwangen, Switzerland
- 20 Feb – Arrived in Antwerp
- 22 Feb – Loaded into container and sealed
- 25 Feb – CAP SAN TAINARO arrives in Antwerp to pick it up
- 26 Feb – Early morning departure. Just a few more stops and CAP SAN TAINARO will be in Auckland.
- 27 Feb – Le Havre for a couple of days
- 28 Feb – left Le Havre for a 12 day crossing of the Atlantic Ocean to Cartagena in Columbia
- 7 Mar – Still on track, CAP SAN TAINARO has dipped slightly south by the Canary Isles to take advantage of the northerly airflow. A wind from astern saves on fuel and general wear and tear of ship and crew.
- 11 Mar – About 100miles before CAP SAN TAINARO leaves the Atlantic Ocean and enters the Caribbean.
- 13 Mar – Docked at Cartagena and container transferred to SPIRIT OF SINGAPORE
- 14 Mar – SPIRIT OF SINGAPORE through the Panama Canal and leaving on 15th for the 22 day trip across the Pacific to Tauranga
- 21 Mar – The system used to track ships is AIS of which the free version uses line-of-sight VHF. This means that once the ship is out of range of VHF then its position is no longer reported. There is a satellite version of AIS but this is only available on subscription. Sorry, but no reports until she reaches Tauranga on 5th April.
- 4 Apr – just had an update that SPIRIT OF SINGAPORE will now arrive on 6 Apr at 05:00, only a couple of sleeps now
- 5 Apr – Mondo is here SPIRIT OF SINGAPORE docked early morning and is now unloading.
- 6 Apr – Trucked to Auckland late last night
- 17 Apr – Mondo has arrived after 2 months.